This appetizer only fuels my crazy vision to turn my parkway into a winter veggie patch with onions garlic and leeks.
- toasted baguette slices, brushed with olive oil and garlic salt
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced shallot and/or white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 container of Burrata (a cheese very similar to fresh Mozzarella)
- Olive oil
1. Cook the shallot and garlic in olive oil over very high heat for 3-5 minutes. Add another drizzle of oil, and then the leeks, searing them. Turn the burner down to low, and cook for about 25 minutes, until braised, stirring occasionally.
2. Toast the baguette slices.
3. Fish out the chunk of cheese from the Burrata container and put it in a bowl with a few spoonfuls of the liquid. Mash it up with olive oil, S&P.
4. Assemble the crostini, layering cheese and leeks. Serve immediately to avoid soggy bread.